All too often customers come to us with damage to the bodywork of their vehicle, whether it is a personal car or a business van, but are unsure as to whether their insurance will cover the often necessary repair work. There is not a black and white answer to the question. Whether a vehicle is covered through insurance for bodywork repair, is dependent on the specific details of the insurance policy that the driver has.
However, we at Chips Away often interact, on your behalf, with the insurance company with whom you have the policy. Typically, we do this during the course of your car or vans bodywork repair in order to ascertain whether such work is covered and to what extent it is covered. Collected beneath is the typically process undertaken when using your insurance policy to perform bodywork repairs.
- In most cases, those who have an insurance claim will be issued by their insurance provider with a claim number. When the claim number is issued, the provider will also inform you of the financial amount that is deductible from the bodywork repair performed.
- Once a claim number has been issued, you are then able to go any shop or provider who performs bodywork repair projects to gain either a quote for the project or to have the repair work completed.
- Once an appropriate bodywork repair shop or service provider has been selected, you are ready to commence with the repair project.
- All customers who come to us for a bodywork repair project are first provided with an estimate for the cost of the work. One of our professional estimators will gauge the damage to the bodywork of the car and document this through the use of photographs.
- We will liaise with your insurance provider, providing a full estimate of the work required and come to an agreement about what work will be covered by your policy.
- In some cases insurance companies disagree with our estimations. In these situations we continue to negotiate with the provider on your behalf, this will continue until the costs of repairs are mutually acceptable.
- Once an agreement has been reached, we will complete the work on your behalf. All bodywork repair projects undertaken by Chips Away are completed to our trademark level of workmanship and quality to ensure longevity and durability.
For further information about our bodywork repair service, or to enquire as to whether your bodywork repair will be covered by your insurance policy, a member of our dedicated customer service team can be contacted by calling: 0161 483 0006.